Acupressure Points For Nausea
These are some important Acupressure Points For Nausea-
Causes Of Nausea
Nausea is commonly viewed as a condition when your body communicates its inability to function in a normal manner. Avoiding this condition under any situation can become a major concern. Thus, an immediate action needs to be taken to remedy the situation. Nausea is caused by various reasons, the most common of which are listed here.
- Food Poisoning.
- Motion Sickness.
- Sea Sickness.
- Side Effects of Certain Medications.
- Stomach Flu.
- Reactions to certain food groups.
There are various ways by which you can get relief from nausea. However, acupressure remains the best and widely used treatment for this condition. In our body, there are many anti-nausea pressure points which can be used to get relief. Once you know these acupressure points, you can comfortably carry out the treatment at home on your own. Have a look at the various anti-nausea acupressure points, here.
1. The webbing between your thumb and your index finger is the most commonly known pressure point to relieve nausea. Press it between the fingers of the other hand. If a spot at webbing pains slightly, it should be squeezed more.
2. The next pressure point is located on your elbow joint. It will be located on the inside of the bicep tendon. For a few minutes, rub this part gently with three fingers. Repeat it as many times as you can. Massage on this point helps you treat other conditions as well, such as stomach complications, indigestion and chest congestion.
3. The knee joint of a person is another anti-nausea pressure point. Place your hand at one hand’s width below your knee and firmly press with your fingernail on the bone there.
4. Vomitting at times accompany nausea. In order to get relief from both these conditions, pressure can be applied on the spot between your collarbones.
5. P6 is among the most common points for relieving nausea and morning sickness. It is located on the palm’s side of your wrist. Pericardium (P6) passes through your chest, diaphgram, and stomach. When pressure is exerted on this point, it gets stimulated and makes your condition better. P6 is also considered a great acupressure point for heart conditions, such as angina (heart pain), palpitations and carpal tunnel pain.